After your orthodontic treatment is complete, it is really important to maintain your teeth in their straight position until the bone around your teeth remodels. This is why wearing retainers is so important. Retainers should be worn full-time for the first 6 months, then switched to night-time wear afterwards. If retainers are not worn as instructed, there is a chance for tooth relapse.
- Wear your retainers all the time, except to eat and brush your teeth; until instructed otherwise
- Do not eat with retainers in
- Keep your retainers away from pets
- Brush your retainers every time you brush your teeth to keep them clean
- Do not use hot water to clean your retainers (no dish washer)
- When not wearing your retainers, they should be stored in their case
- If your retainers break, contact us as soon as possible so we can make you a new one!